Friday, May 13, 2016

Weds. May 11, 2016  Observation #4A

Activity Log:

8 pm, I made a "pish"ing noise. The male flicker's head popped up immediately and went back down.
There is definitely more birdsong now than there was yesterday at 2pm.

The cherries are still green. There are insects in the air.

8:10 pm, I can see the top of the flicker's head at the bottom of the hole, but now for long.

Something is making a steady "tsk"ing sound. I hear cardinals, robins, catbirds and see a blue jay.

8:18 pm, I can see the flicker again, just hanging out in there. The barn cat thinks if I stand still still, she can use my feet and legs for a scratching post. This is painful. I got bit by a mosquito.

8:30 pm, the flicker did not leave the nest cavity at all while I was there. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment